Why Should I Take Whey Protein?
Whey protein is much better than any source of protein. It contains the essential amino acids capable of being absorbed instantly. It helps gain muscle and strength while reducing significant amount of fat. It isn’t all protein. It comes with lot more nutrients with potent biological effects. It tackles day to day biological problems such as blood sugar, blood pressure and symptoms of fatal diseases. It eliminates a long list of side effects inherent to consuming proteins. For fact, it is one of the best health supplements out there. It helps achieve umpteenth health and fitness goals for amateurs and fitness goals.
What is Whey Protein?
Whey is liquid element of milk that gets isolated during production of cheese. Mixture of protein, which gets isolated from whey, is called whey protein. Milk is only purely made up of 20% whey. The other 80% is casein, which is not superior to whey. After being separated during cheese production as the watery part, whey goes through multiple levels of processing to become whey protein. It is consumed as a powder which is added to protein bars and protein shakes. It is often flavored with chocolate, strawberry and vanilla. It tastes a lot harder as a standalone product.
Benefits of Whey Protein
- Fat loss without losing muscle: Whey helps losing fat while preserving greater amount of protein.
- Reduce hunger: Drinking a protein shake causes less hunger than any other unhealthy snacks.
- Improves size and strength: Fat free mass and muscle strength gains are bi-products of consuming whey protein.
- Reduce stress: Consuming whey protein eliminates symptoms of depression. It is a better stress busting alternative than beverages.
- Combat cancer: Whey combats the common cancer forms such as colon and prostrate.
- Increase immunity: Whey supplements results in lesser reduction of glutathione levels.
Post-Workout Protein – You should always take it
After a hard workout, you will have burned through most of your energy stores, so you should consume faster-digesting proteins and simple carbs to help speed recovery and promote the building and rebuilding of muscle fibers. In addition, carbs lower your stress by literally lowering cortisol levels. Cortisol can be catabolic. Personally, my favorite after workout meal is any dairy product. This could be a glass of milk with peanut butter, or a smoothie with dairy. Sometimes I’ll do cold meats with cheese while skipping the bread. Tihs ensures high protein intake.
If you’re not working out, or cutting, ideally you want to lower how many carbs you take in. In those situations, it’s best to increase fat which can help you recover any damage done to muscle fibers. Fats are also very good at filling you up without disrupting the balance of your body like carbs do. In short, you want to consume fats when you’re not active. You should always aim to follow your Macros, for example 40% of calories may come from fats, that’s something that should already be in your nitrition plan. Keeping your macro values according to your goals will ensure you gain muscle, don’t gain fat, and have a great workout.